Wirex Cryptoback™ Program
With Wirex’s new Cryptoback™ rewards program, the more you spend with your Wirex payment card, the more you receive back! Receive Cryptoback™ worth 0.5% every time you make an in-store purchase, swipe your Wirex payment card or use Tap and Go. Your Cryptoback™ reward is instantly added to your reward balance located within your Wirex app (Wirex Android App / iOS Wirex App, in the form of Bitcoin, which can be redeemed to your BTC wallet anytime.*
You don’t have to activate your Cryptoback™ program. You will begin to accrue Cryptoback™ as soon as you start spending in-store.*
Your Cryptoback™ balance is displayed in your Cryptoback™ rewards wallet in Satoshis – the units which make up a Bitcoin. You can redeem your rewards after your Cryptoback™ balance reaches 100 Satoshis.*
Note: Only multiples of 100 can be redeemed. Any Satoshis in excess of a multiple of 100 not redeemed will remain in your Cryptoback™ wallet.*
You can check your current Cryptoback™ balance and see the list of transactions where Cryptoback™ was accrued (with details) in Dashboard → Wirex Rewards (in the app, Dashboard > Rewards). You can also redeem your Cryptoback™ rewards from here, to your BTC wallet.*
Note: The Wirex Cryptoback™ program is available only for in-store payments and excludes online payments and ATM withdrawals, peer-to-peer fund transfers, tax payments, and any transactions that are not in-store purchases. Cryptoback™ rewards are calculated against the amount of each transaction, excluding commissions or fees.*
Ordering a Wirex card and corresponding currency account is free. However, you will be charged a nominal monthly fee for account maintenance.
Depending on the currency of your account, the following fees apply:
|Security features (2FA)||Free|
|Account management||£1.00 / €1.20 / $1.50
|Wirex cryptocurrency transfers||Free|
|Wirex FIAT transfers||Free|
|Online card purchase (ePOS)||Free|
|In-store card purchase (POS)||Free|
|ATM (in Europe)||£1.75 / €2.25 / $2.50|
|ATM (outside Europe)||£2.25 / €2.75 / $3.50|
|Transfer||10 BTC per day|
|Online card purchase (ePOS)||£7500 / €8000 / $10000|
|In-store card purchase (POS)||£7500 / €8000 / $10000|
|ATM||£250 / €250 / $250
|Cashback in-store||£50 per day|
|Maximum card balance||£15000 / €16000 / $20000|
- Tracing, recalling, and charging back payments must be requested through Customer Support.
- In Foreign Exchange transactions, currencies are converted at the relevant wholesale rate.
- The currency account monthly maintenance fee is deducted on a monthly basis regardless of your account activity. The first payment will be deducted on the 20th day after your account has been created. Successive payments will then be deducted on or around the same date of each month thereafter. If there is not enough money in your current account to pay an application fee, your account balance will be negative and the only transaction you will be able to make thereafter is a balance top-up, before being able to continue using the account and card. If your balance remains negative for 2 consecutive months, both the card and account will be closed. You will not be able to open a new account until the fee due is paid.
- There are no blockchain fees when sending from one Wirex account to another. However, if you wish to transfer crypto to and from a wallet outside Wirex, you will be subject to blockchain fees. Wirex uses dynamic blockchain fee that is calculated based on blockchain load. Thus, the fee for a transaction may end up being 4 times less during periods of lower blockchain traffic.
- USD denominated cards incur an additional $0.28 fee per ePOS/POS transaction.
* © 2018 Wirex Limited (CRN 09334596) 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN, UK.